CUET : A COMMON EXAMS FOR ALL CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES.
CUET : COMMON UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST.
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET (UG) – 2022) is being established under the Ministry of Education for admission into all UG Programs in all Central Universities for the academic session 2022-23. The Single University Entrance Test (CUET) would give a common platform and equal opportunities to applicants from all across the country, especially those from rural and other distant locations, and would help in the building of stronger linkages with institutions. Candidates will be able to reach a broad audience and participate in the admissions process to various Central Universities.
The Ministry of Education (formerly known as the Ministry of Human Resource Development-MHRD) established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent/autonomous, self-reliant, and self-sustaining top testing institution.
For the academic year 2022-2023, the National Testing Agency has been entrusted with conducting undergraduate entrance exams for all Central Universities (CUs). Students will be able to apply for admission to any of the Central Universities (CUs) around the country through CUET.
The Computer Based Test (CBT) mode will be used for the CUET (UG) – 2022. Aspirants interested in taking the test can consult the Information Bulletin for Admission to Undergraduate Programs of the preferred Central Universities (CUs).
The first-ever mandatory common entrance test for admission to undergraduate programmes in all 45 Central institutions will be held in the first week of July, according to UGC chair person Dr. M Jagadesh Kumar.
How is CUET (UG) – 2022 going to be helpful for a student
A student will benefit from the Common University Entrance Test CUET (UG) – 2022 in the following ways:
- Previously, students were under pressure to achieve more than 95 percent in the Class XII Board Examination in order to gain admission to the university of their choice. The introduction of CUET (UG) – 2022 reduces the pressure on them to achieve very high marks in the one and only Board Examination.
- Because of the typology of questions and the scoring structure, the marks awarded by different Boards vary greatly. These items will now be harmonized as part of CUET (UG) – 2022.
- The CUET (UG) – 2022 question paper pattern will be objective, with Multiple Choice Questions, and so evaluation will be objective. As a result, subjectivity in the grading of descriptive kind of papers in traditional Class XII exams of various Boards will not hinder students’ entrance to the University of their choice.
- CUET (UG) – 2022 will be held in the Computer Based Test (CBT) method, with no human interaction in the result processing.
- CUET (UG) – 2022 will be based on Class XII syllabus, hence Class XII candidates do not need to prepare for it separately.
- Students in CUET (UG) – 2022 have a variety of alternatives, including 27 disciplines, 33 languages, and a general test. They can choose the Subject/Language/General Test of their choosing, as long as it meets the standards of the university where admission is requested. They can also select any of the 13 languages listed as the medium of their test.
CUET PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES
CUET Eligibility Criteria 2022
There is no upper age limit for candidates taking the CUET (UG) – 2022. Candidates who have passed the class 12th/equivalent examination or are appearing in 2022, regardless of their age, are eligible to take the CUET (UG) – 2022 examination. Candidates must, however, meet the age requirements (if any) of the university (ies) to which they wish to be admitted..
Note: 1. For admission in Universities through CUET (UG) – 2022 , the existing policies regarding quota, category, relaxation, reservations, qualification, subject combinations, preferences etc. of the respective University shall be applicable.
2. As the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for every University, the candidates are advised to visit the University website to which they are applying for their respective programs.
3. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the eligibility criteria laid down by the University they are applying to.
4. The mere appearance in the Entrance Test or obtaining pass marks at the test does not allow an applicant to be considered for admission to the Programme unless he/she meets the University’s Programme-specific eligibility requirements.
Exam pattern and structure
Exam will be held on multiple days, in two Slots, morning and afternoon:
Examination Structure in Slot 1 (Morning Session) :
|S. NO.||TESTS/SUBJECTS||No. of questions to be attempted||Marks per question||Total marks||Duration|
|1||Language (any one of the thirteen languages opted in section IA)||40 out of 50||5||200||45 minutes per languages|
|2||Domain specific subjects (Mx. 2 Subjects)||40 out of 50||5||200||45 minutes per subjects
(Max. duration can go up to 90 minutes for 2 subjects)
|3||General Test||60 out of 75||5||300||60 minutes|
- ONE MARK WILL BEB DECUCTED FOR A WRONG ANSWER
- UNANSWERED/ MARKED FOR REVIEW WILL BE GIVEN NO MARKS
Examination Structure in Slot 2 (Afternoon Session) :
|S. No.||Tests/Subjects||No. of questions to be attempted||Marks per question||Total marks||Duration|
|1||Language (any one of the remaining 12 languages opted in section IA (if one already taken in slot I) and I from section IB = as applicable ) OR as applicable per note below||40 out of 50||5||200||45 minutes per language|
|2||Domain specific subjects (Max. 4 sub jects)||40 out of 50||5||200||45 minutes per language
(Max. duration can go upto 3 hours for 4 subjects)
- ONE MARK WILL BEB DECUCTED FOR A WRONG ANSWER
- UNANSWERED/ MARKED FOR REVIEW WILL BE GIVEN NO MARKS
For UG programs
As per the latest CUET updates 2022, the CUET entrance test 2022 will now be having four sections:
- Section IA – 13 Languages
- Section IB – 19 Languages
- Section II – 27 Domain-specific Subjects
- Section III – General Test
The CUET 2022 consist of language test, domain-specific papers and the general test. Candidates can opt for combination of at most 2 languages and 6 domain-specific subject or 3 languages and 5 domain-specific tests. CUET entrance test 2022 will now be conducted in two slots.
Marking scheme includes 1 mark for each correct answer and one-fourth mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
Only online applications are accepted for CUET-2020 and application fees for various categories are listed below.
|Category||UG & PG|
|General Applicants||₹ 1300|
|OBC Applicants||₹ 1200|
|SC/ST Applicants||₹ 1100|
Admission in the India’s top-notch universities is done through CUET in 2022 (only undergraduate and integrated & masters degrees)
- UNIVERSITY OF DELHI
- JAMIA MILIA ISLAMIA UNIVERSITY
- JAWAHAR LAL UNIVERSITY
- GGSIP UNIVERSITY
- BHIMRAO AMBEDKER UNIVERSITY
- BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY
- ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY
CUET to be conducted twice in a year from 2023
Now its been confirmed that The Common University Entrance Test, CUET, will be held twice a year, beginning next year or academic session 2023. As per the sources, the CUET exam will become a two-time opportunity for students wishing to take the exam for UG admissions to Central Universities and other universities in India.
PROS and CONS of CUET for students
Pros of Common University Entrance Test
- Any experienced person will vouch for the fact that a high score in board exams does not necessarily translate into knowledge. For the same reason, top Universities across the world prefer an entrance exam as the sole criteria or a mix of merit and entrance for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- The CUCET Exam, if implemented properly, has the potential to remove a vast majority of individual entrances by different Universities and may also be accepted by state Universities.
- It’s time student’s aspiration is put to priority and ensure a fair mechanism is given to them for college admissions.
- The existing board-exam based screening is leading to unrealistic cut-offs which CUCET can change
- Students aspire to take admission in universities like Delhi University, and get rejected because they have not scored enough in their board exams. CUCET will be like a second chance to reach a decent college of their choice and uplift their confidence.
Cons. of Common University Entrance Test
It is believed that the economically and socially deprived students will be left behind and will not get more chances to get into top-tier universities. This is because they won’t be able to go to coaching centers to clear the exams in contrast to the upper- or middle-class students.
Also, in a country like India, people will not invest much in a girl child. The best-coached students will have more chance than the deprived ones.
- CUET cannot function in the current scenario of underfunding and lack of resources and comprehensive evaluations. In a scenario where entrance exams take months to complete the admission process. This is somehow true. For instance, RRB NTPC Group D exam notification was released in 2019 and there are no exam dates till now.
- Professors of some of the top universities believe that the proposal to have a common entrance test is an affront to the autonomy of universities.
IF YOU HAVE MORE QUERIES REGARDING CUET OR WANT TO ASK OTHER CUET FAQs CHECK THEM OUT.
APPLICATION FORM LINK- CUET
CUET INQUIRY EMAIL ID
Conclusion- One of the leading creators in providing best career counselling after 12th. Career Gurukul is not merely about developing cognitive skills like reading, writing and passing examination.
It also takes care of non-scholastic aspects, such as development of values, moral character, habits, manners and behavioral patterns.
A student being delicate and naive, needs proper mentoring and guidance while choosing the right career path.
Career Gurukul is a step towards nurturing talent, enhancing students learning and providing excellence in whatever they may opt for. Not only are this, Value Education, Personality Growth and Social & Environmental Awareness also considered as very important areas of education.
Career counselling provides better understanding and clarity about the career that lead to time management, cost effectiveness and easy decision making for students.
A counselor not only helps the student to find out the most suitable career option but also provide a detail execution plan. Career Gurukul, one of the best career counselling institutes came in existence in 2017.
We are the test prep institute who teaches students for entrance exam preparation and for CUET General Test. You can contact us anytime for any guidance required related to your career. We will be glad to help you in future.
We also give the classes for CUET and also providing the domain clasess which helps to the students for their board examination as well
Our best career counsellors highlight your academic performances, achievements, aims, and interests in the right manner. Moreover, they will ensure your selection by the University
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTANCT